"For 'by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.'" Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1285
- Confirmation of youth at Blessed Sacrament will take place on Monday, November 21, 2016, at a 7:30 pm liturgy.
- The rehearsal will be held the evening before, Sunday, November 20, 2016, at 6:30 pm.
- The Confirmation retreat is Sunday, October 9, 10 am-9 pm.
Parents of youth to be confirmed this November are asked to attend ONE of the following very brief meetings:
OPTION 1: Sunday, Sept. 4, 10:15 am in Science Lab of the school
OPTION 2: Thursday, Sept. 8, 6:30 pm in School Gym (just before Middle School BTS Night)
OPTION 1: Sunday, Sept. 11, 6 pm in Quinn Hall (following 5 pm Mass)
This form is critical since we use it to complete our sacramental registries at Blessed Sacrament. The same info is also sent to the church of Baptism for their sacramental registry.
The sponsor for Confirmation must be at least 16 years old (there is wiggle room for siblings who are close to that age, and permission may be sought from the pastor), must be fully initiated in the Faith (baptized, confirmed, made First Communion), and must be leading a sacramental life. The sponsor need not be married, but if s/he is, the marriage must be sacramental.
Your child will be asked to perform 20 hours of apostolic service by Sept 15. By apostolic service, we specifically mean acts that show care of the human person, and fall under one of the Works of Mercy (see proposal sheet). Volunteering at an animal shelter or picking up trash would not qualify. The service performed does not have to be thru an organization--in fact, your child is encouraged to look around the neighborhood or school for needs.
4) Saint Report due October 1. Religious ed students will submit a one-page, single-spaced report which (1)summarizes the life of the chosen saint and (2) gives the reasons for having chosen that saint. Students in school will submit reflection on the research paper, and it will be addressed as homework assignment. Scroll to bottom of page for websites which may be helpful.
Parents--You are encouraged to continue your own formation, especially in this important year for your child!
- Participation in "Walking with Purpose" and "That Man is You"
- Come to one of our RCIA classes (click here for syllabus)
- Participation in "The Doors of Mercy," starting Weds., Sept 14 (registration coming soon!)
- Formed has been called the Catholic Netflix. Did you know our parish has a subscription, and you can access it, free of charge? Parishioners may get the access code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the parish office.
- Participation in Institute of Catholic Culture's face-to-face or online sessions. Go to their website to see their offerings or to view an online presentation: Institute of Catholic Culture
- Parish mission, offerings at other parishes...
- Saint Websites:
- Faith Websites: